Put Your Name, Number and Email to Get Your Special Pricing on Kybella for Double Chin for Visiting Our Site
What is Kybella?
- First and only FDA approved nonsurgical treatment that contours and improves the appearance of fat under the chin (double chin).
- 15-20 minute minimally invasive (nonsurgical) procedure in the office.
- Requires customization to help achieve your treatment goals.
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin.
- Once the aesthetic goal is achieved, re-treatment is not expected.
Common side Effects with Kybella
- Hardness in the treatment area
How does Kybella work?
- Active ingredient in KYBELLA is deoxycholic acid, a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- When injected into the fat beneath your chin, KYBELLA causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
What causes double chin?
- Weight gain.
Kybella treatments resulted in high patient satisfaction
According to the pilot study, 79% of Kybella injected patients reported satisfaction with the appearance of their face and chin
How is Kybella administered?
- Typically 15-20 minute procedure in the office. The appointment slot could be longer for possible numbing procedures, explanations, post procedure care, etc.
- First anatomical planning is made with boundaries drawn to avoid damage to vital structures.
- Second dose planning is made with respect to the size/amount of fullness which needs to be addressed.
- Typically 14-40 shots given with a needle which in my practice is the same as our very small Botox needle.
- The dosing and number of shots is customized for each patient.
Are Kybella injections painful?
- Most patients report a 4/10 pain scale experience with the first few minutes after injection of Kybella. Then the pain level subsides rapidly.
- Methods such as ice, pain reliever pills, numbing cream, numbing shots, ring blocks, tumescent lidocaine injections are possible methods to help keep the pain under control.
- It seems with subsequent sessions the pain level seems to decrease.
How many treatments are needed for Kybella?
- Many patients treated with KYBELLA experience visible contouring of their chin profile in 2-4 treatments. Some require 6 treatments.
- Once your chin profile has improved, you may not need to be treated with KYBELLA again.
How far apart should each session be for Kybella?
Is there skin tightening with Kybella?
There is some skin tightening with KYBELLA which is associated with the inflammatory process after the procedure.
What are the best necks for Kybella?
Those necks with central fullness with minimal loose skin.
What’s the Kybella downtime?
- For most patients, downtime was minimal and occurred most commonly after the first treatment session.
- Some patients wear a compressive neck band (from our surgical neck lift practice) as much as they can for 1 week after the procedure.
- The bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area might get in the way of some social plans and work commitments in the following week – especially the first two days after the procedure.
- Downtime seems to be decreased with the following treatments
Precautions regarding Kybella
- The most common side effects of KYBELLA include swelling, bruising, pain, numbness, redness, and areas of hardness in the treatment area.
- KYBELLA can cause serious side effects, including trouble swallowing and nerve injury in the jaw that can cause an uneven smile or facial muscle weakness.
- Always choose a qualified specialist to treat you with Kybella.
- "After doing facials for years with Sue, I decided to consult with Dr Casello on some of the more advanced treatments. After deciding on BOTOX and Juvederm filler, I look more refreshed and not tired anymore. I am very happy with the results. "
- "I absolutely love RenovoMD. From the moment I walk in, I am greeted with a warm smile & a sense of calm. The ambiance takes me to another place that is just for me. Dr Casello is totally professional and has a way that makes you feel totally at ease. She is someone you can talk to and get honest answers. Sue the Aesthetician is a lovely woman and knows her specialty and is eager to help you in any way. This “Spa” is tops in my book."
- "I can't tell you how beautiful my results are. I told Dr. C, 'You're a miracle maker!"
- "I could not be happier with my experience. Dr. C, Susan, Beth, AnnMarie and Michelle are talented, professional and warm- they make me feel like family every time I walk in the door. Dr. C. and team went far above and beyond to be sure my experience and results were perfect for the wedding day- and I feel better about my skin than I have since high school."